About the Expert
Areas of Expertise
- Aquatics Safety Water Rescue
- Construction Claims
- Spas, Hot Tubs, Pools and Whirlpools
- Swimming & Pool Accidents
Indoor Air Quality
Stainless Steel Corrosion
Poor Water Quality
Water Filtration (Regenerative Media)
Natatorium Material Selection
Swimming Pool Tile (Backing, Expansion Joints, Thin / Thick Set, Surface Prep)
Water Depth Under Starting Blocks
Concrete Structural Integrity
Bulkhead and Movable Floors
Swimming Pool Waterproofing
Hydrostatic Relief / Damage
Water Depth Under Starting Blocks
In addition to the above technical expertise, Scot’s knowledge and experience have been used by legal counsel to strategize regarding the demand. He often provides a SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) and strategies for consideration to best prepare and position the client.
• Counsilman – Hunsaker (CH): CH is an engineering firm specializing in aquatic design. It is licensed in all fifty states and three provinces in Canada. The firm focuses on publicly bid work specifically Parks & Recreation, University, K-12, Competition Venues, Wellness and Hospitality. Scot was with CH for 24 years, 13 years as the President and CEO. Under his leadership the firm designed and oversaw construction on over 400 aquatic facilities both domestically and internationally.
• National Swimming Pool Foundation (NSPF): The NSPF is the leading educator of swimming pool operators in the United States. They have trained over 375,000 professionals in 93 countries with the Certified Pool/Spa Operator® (CPO®) Certification program. Scot has served on the Board of Directors since 2009 and is currently the President of the Board. Scot has been a CPO since 1985 and a CPO Instructor since 1994.
• Conference for the Model Aquatic Health Code (CMAHC): The CMAHC serves as a national clearinghouse for input and advice on needed improvements to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Model Aquatic Health Code. This is a voluntary guidance code based on science and best practices that can help local and state authorities with swimming pool regulation. Scot serves on the Board of Directors and is also the Treasurer.
• National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) Recreational Water Facilities Joint Committee, Voting Member: NSF/ANSI Standard 50 applies to chemicals, materials, systems and virtually every product used in recreational water facilities such as water parks, spray parks, spray pads, pools and spa. NSF is a testing laboratory for pool and spa products. Scot has been a member of the task force that established the standards since 2008.
• Scot has also lead several other organizations that have owned and operated commercial swimming facilities.
Scot is currently the Managing Partner of Ardent Group, which is a business consulting firm focused on helping owners turn their employees into owners.
- Indiana University School of Business, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Editorial Committee, Official Swimming Pool Design – Compendium for Competition Swimming and Diving Pools
- Member – National Recreation & Park Association
- Power 25 Recipient – Name one of the industry’s most powerful professionals in Aquatics International, 2009
- “Smart Water.” Aquatics International. September 2012
- “Aquatic Facilities.” Campus Recreational Sports Facilities. 2008 & 2010
- “Recipe for Success.” Splash and Spray. June 2007 and June 2009
- “Dream Weaving.” Athletic Business. August 2005
- “Riding the Waves.” Athletic Business. October 2003
- “Rocky Mountain Reply.” Aquatics International. March 2002
- “Accidents Will Happen.” Athletic Business. March 2002
- “Filtration Fundamentals.” Athletic Business. December 1997
- “Designing the Pool: Touch Pad Design and Wave Quiescence.” American Swimming. 1997
- “Winning Pocketbook Support for Public Facilities.” Park & Recreation. February 1997
- “Design of the Times.” ICHPER*SD. 1996
- “Clean & Balance.” Athletic Business. March 1996
- “Have a Plan.” Park & Recreation. February 1996
- “Capital Improvements.” Athletic Business. October 1994
- “Protected From the Elements.” Aquatics International. October 1994
- “Aquatic Management, Seasonally.” Athletic Business. 1993
- “Supersizing Your Existing Swimming Pool.” Athletic Business. 1990
- “Short and Long Span Pool Structures“, Hydro+logic, January 2013
- “Swimming Pool Design and Flexibility of Utilization“, Hydro+logic, November 2012
- “MAHC Facility Design and Construction Response“, Hydro+logic, October 2012
- “Minimum Water Depths Under Starting Blocks“, Hydro+logic, September 2012
- “Racing Start Safety – What is the Right Depth?“, Hydro+logic, June 2012
- “What Gets Built First – Pool or Building?“, Hydro+logic, June 2012
- “Lightning – Making an Informed Decision“, Hydro+logic, June 2012
- “Where’s The Leak?“, Hydro+logic, May 2012
Listed in the Following States
Hunsaker Group is listed with ExpertPages in the following jurisdictions: All US Regions and States, Canada (all Provinces).